Bhamtech Electrical Cronulla Home Electrician Commercial Electrical Marine Electrics Sutherland Shire


There is a common misconception that houses don’t need a safety switch because they already have circuit breakers.  The thing to remember is that safety switches save YOU, while circuit breakers save your house.

Safety switches monitor the flow of electricity through an electrical circuit and when a problem is detected they switch off in far less than a heartbeat. It is the speed of the safety switch that saves your life.

A safety switch will cut the power in 30 milliseconds, so quick that the you will barely feel the shock, and you will almost always avoid possible electrocution.

Due to the deliberate sensitivity of the devices, they can be tripped by a number of common causes, such as:

  • Faulty appliances (e.g. toasters, kettles, dishwashers, fridges, pool pumps and hairdryers)
  • Hammering a nail into a wall and hitting a wire
  • Termites or ants getting into a power socket
  • Faulty electrical wiring
  • Rats or possums nibbling your wiring
  • Water getting into your wiring, outside power sockets, lights or roof during a storm

These are everyday occurrences in family homes and without a safety switch installed, you are putting yourself and your family at risk.

Also common is the mistake of only installing safety switches on power circuits. The switches should be installed on lighting circuits as well, as they are a hidden danger zone for pest and rain damage.

To keep you, your family and any visitors (including tradies!) you have safe, we recommend installing safety switches on your power and lighting circuits.

If you need to install a safety switch or are having hassles with a tripping safety switch, give Bhamtech a call to discuss the best solution.

Save your life with a safety switch

Call Now Button